In order to participate at the Chronicles of Aereth roleplay, you need to register an account on the forums and have approved characters.
- Register an Account
- Complete your Profile
You will only need one OOC account in order to roleplay here. However, once you have created characters, you may post with any of them. Gaia, our forum platform, does not use email. Instead, you have a username (your login ID) and a Display Name. These should be different.
- Click on Register at the top left of the main page.
- Choose your Username. This is your login ID. For security reasons, it should be different from your Displayed Name.
- Note: It is vital that you remember your Username. This is what you will use for logging in!
- Choose your Displayed Name. This is your OOC nickname that you want other members to see and use on the site and in Discord.
- Choose a secure but easy to remember password. Verify it in Password Again.
- Check the Disclaimer box.
- Check the reCaptcha box.
- Click Submit.
- Click on Login (top, left of main site page).
- Username = the secure ID you chose when you registered not your Displayed Name.
- Enter your password.
- Click Remember Me if you want to stay logged in.
- Click Login button.
Complete Your Profile
- Click on your Display Name (top, left of main forum page).
- Choose Manage Profile.
- Go through each tab and complete as much information as you deem relevant.
- Avatars (profile image) can be added on the images tab on your profile. The dimensions are 220 X 220 (1:1 ratio).
- Under the Profile tab, if you have any writing limitations, content limitations, etc., you need to list it in the About Me field. For instance, if you only write fade-to-black romance and gore, state that clearly.
In order to view content that members have marked as Mature, you need to do two things in your profile.
- Settings Tab: If you wish to view mature content, click the Mature Content toggle (it is disabled by default).
- Profile Tab: Enter your birthdate. Our site is 18+. You can choose not to show the date by clicking Hide my birthdate from others on the Settings tab.