Code of Conduct
Our Code of Conduct comes with a zero tolerance policy.
- Treat all members kindly and with respect.
- Harassing or bullying other members will get you immediately banned.
- Handle all disagreements in a calm and mature manner in private! Do not bring disputes into the public Discord channels or onto the RPG forums.
- Playbys, even original artwork, under the age of 18 are permitted but prohibited from participating in any threads of a sexual nature.
- No Bad Roleplay. If you don’t know what it is, read the definitions at the link provided.
The Chronicles of Aereth RPG is rated 18+ for occasional mature content.
RPG Rating per the RPG Rating System is: 333
Our writers voluntarily rate their threads if they feel there is a need to warn other members that the thread contains graphic violence, sexually explicit language or content, or is a sexually explicit scene.
You need to list your limitations and preferences in the About Me section of your OOC account profile. You also need to pay attention to the icons on the forum’s topic listing pages. It will show if the thread is marked for mature content.
Aereth puts the responsibility for policing the site’s content on each of its members.
The Rules of Magic
To keep the playing field relatively even and fair, we have developed the following rules regarding the use of magic.
If you want something added or want to negotiate a skill or ability, put it in writing and send it via a PM to the Game Managers. If it enhances game play, we will most likely agree to add some version of it. If it is simply to make your character more powerful than everyone else’s, it will likely be refused.
- The abilities laid out in a specific race or species document cannot be altered. The abilities are in the documents for a reason!
- No waving a wand and poof! you’re a weasel magic. With all due respect to the fandom, this is not a Harry Potter game. Aereth’s magic is based in elemental magic, nature, and ritual.
- No one springs from the womb or egg with all magical abilities intact and ready to use. The affinity may exist from birth but the ability to use it has to be learned.
- Even if they dabble in the magical arts on Earth, no Traveler will arrive with the ability to immediately tap into the Ley! They must have time to acclimate before the connection will exert itself.
- If you write an ability into a post just so your character can win and it is not in the character’s bio, you will be asked to rewrite your post.
- Last, but not least, it is impossible to document every type of magic in the universe! We are not going to try. Read the arcane section of your character’s race. If what you want is not there, ask us. Within reason, we will try to accommodate you.
The Chronicles of Aereth RPG follows the standard of being a Limited Consent roleplay as much as possible. However, if an admin has to step in to move plot thread forward, that will be done. The admin will attempt to minimize the impact on the character they are having to take control of.
Limited Consent attempts to strike an even balance between consent and consequence. Certain negative consequences can be enforced without roleplayer agreement. Character death, physical damage, and other severe consequences still require roleplayer agreement. However if the roleplayer is absent without notice and has not responded to admin’s attempts to contact them, their characters can be written out in whatever manner the staff sees fit.
Aereth welcomes in-character drama in all of our plots. We prefer seeing a balance of action, drama, humor, romance, and contention. We strongly recommend OOC discussions when planning major character drama. The following guidelines are to keep the players and admin staff on the same page.
You may not kill anyone else’s character without permission from the roleplayer. If the roleplayer has left the game without notice, contact admin. They will do what is needed with the character(s).
Please discuss character contention with the other roleplayer(s) involved and notify Admin also. You do not have to provide details, just let everyone know that the contention has been planned. We ask this so that no one mistakes in-character contention for behind-the-posts roleplayer contention.
Actions and Consequences
If your character is seriously wounded on Tuesday, he or she will not be engaging in battle on Wednesday. This goes for almost all in-character overt actions and words.
Other roleplayers are not required to have their characters react as you think they should.
Aereth will always try to keep our RPG Requirements to a minimum. To keep the game flowing, we do have a few basic requirements to be aware of.
We do not require activity checks. However, if a roleplayer makes zero effort to post or engage in the RPG and does not have an official LOA/ELOA posted, their accounts will be moved to Inactive after 30 days. After 90 days, it will be assumed that they are not returning. All incomplete posts/threads will be archived. Their characters will be written out of all plots and stories.
We do not have a minimum word requirement plot posts. We do ask that you make substantial posts that move the story forward. They should allow for a good response from your writing partner(s).
Joint posts (aka JPs) can become very long, very quickly as each writer adds to them. Please break your JPs up into 1,000-1,500 word posts. This keeps each segment at a very readable length leaving us all wanting more!
We have no set limits for the number of characters each roleplayer may create and play. However, we do suggest that you get your first character approved and into play before creating more.
- Chronicles of Aereth offers their active members and roleplayers the option to advertise. However, advertising is not open to the general RPG public.
- Absolutely no advertising in Character Signatures!
- Active Roleplayers and Members may post discrete PG-13 ads in their OOC account signature.
- All images must be static, no gifs / animations allowed.
- No more than one 700px X 250px ad or 4 88X31 buttons (no gifs in signatures).
- Please limit advertising to RPGs that you are actively roleplaying in or that you are a member of their staff.
Chronicles of Aereth encourages fellow RPG sites to affiliate with us. It is easy. Below are the rules.
- Click on the Affiliate Application button, main forum index, bottom-left on sidebar.
- You must take one of our buttons and post it before we will approve yours.
- Fill out the form and upload your PG-13 88×31 button.
- Read the Affiliating rules on the application page.
Return to the Game Site.