The Chronicles of Aereth RPG expects all members, roleplayers, and staff to conduct themselves in a mature fashion and with respect for others. If you run into issues, please contact the other players involved and resolve it in private. If you feel that admin should be involved, please contact a member of the staff privately via PM on the site or DM on Discord to discuss the issue.
It is impossible to cover all situations and issues that might be encountered during the course of game-play. Therefore, issues might arise that are not explicitly covered in the site’s rules. The admin staff reserve the right to address these issues as the needed.
Thank you for reading carefully!
Age Requirement: 18+ (you must be eighteen years or older to join the RPG).
The Chronicles of Aereth RPG is rated 18+ for occasional mature content.
Our writers voluntarily rate their threads if they feel there is need to warn other members that the thread contains graphic violence, sexually explicit language or content, or is a sexually explicit scene.
Language: Swearing is generally permitted, with some limitations. The overwhelming majority of characters born on the world of Aereth would have no frame of reference for most Earth-based profanity such as the F*word. Keep your character’s background in mind when writing profanity.
Sex: Sexual content is permitted, with some limitations. Our members determine what they are comfortable writing and reading.
- Sexual violence such as rape or sexual assault cannot be written out in detail. If this is part of your character’s story, please find a way to describe it or allude to it without writing the details.
- All regularly played characters must be over eighteen years old. Despite the setting, Aereth does not allow child-brides or grooms! Underage characters may be promised or betrothed, but sexual consummation of the relationship will not be allowed.
Violence: Explicit violence is permitted. However, please consider how much explicit content is needed to describe the scene. Gore for gore’s sake is strongly discouraged.
If you are here just for writing violence and smut, we are not the site for you!
Code of Conduct
Assume that all rules come with a zero tolerance policy. Bullying or harassing other members of the RPG will result in immediate banning from the site and from our Discord. All out-of-character disagreements and issues will be handled behind-the-posts.
Roleplayers agree that they will not willfully and purposefully participate in bad roleplaying. This includes, but is not limited to powerplay, godmodding, and metagaming. If an absence-without-notice results in a stalled plot thread that significantly holds up the game or other writers, admin may move the character(s) and, if necessary, write them out of the plot.
- Godmodding is godmoding specific to character creation, skills, and certain situations (e.g., combat).
- Powerplaying is godmoding by controlling another roleplayer’s character without permission.
- Metagaming is godmoding specific to the use of OOC knowledge in roleplayed actions, behaviors, thoughts.
- Retconning is godmoding specific to erasure or alteration of past events, usually to avoid certain consequences.
Read More about Bad Roleplay.
The Chronicles of Aereth RPG follows the standard of being a Limited Consent roleplay as much as possible. However, as stated above, if an admin has to step in to move a plot or plot thread forward, that will be done. The admin will attempt to minimize the impact on the character they are having to take control of.
Limited Consent attempts to strike an even balance between consent and consequence. Certain negative consequences can be enforced without roleplayer agreement. Character death, physical damage, and other severe consequences still require roleplayer agreement. However if the roleplayer is absent without notice and has not responded to admin’s attempts to contact them, their characters can be written out in whatever manner the staff sees fit.
Aereth welcomes in-character drama in all of our plots. We prefer seeing a balance of action, drama, humor, romance, and contention. We strongly recommend OOC discussions when planning major character drama. The following guidelines are to keep the players and admin staff on the same page.
- Character Death: You may not kill anyone else’s character without permission from the roleplayer. If the roleplayer has left the game without notice, contact admin. They will do what is needed with the character(s).
- Character Contention: Please discuss character contention with the other roleplayer(s) involved and notify Admin also. You do not have to provide details, just let everyone know that the contention has been planned. We ask this so that no one mistakes in-character contention for behind-the-posts roleplayer contention.
- In-Character Actions Have In-Character Consequences! If your character is seriously wounded on Tuesday, he or she will not be engaging in battle on Wednesday. This goes for almost all in-character overt actions and words.
- Character Reactions: Other roleplayers are not required to have their characters react as you think they should.
Aereth will always try to keep our RPG Requirements to a minimum. To keep the game flowing, we do have a few basic requirements to be aware of.
We do not require activity checks. However, if a roleplayer makes zero effort to post or engage in the RPG and does not have an official LOA/ELOA posted, their accounts will be moved to Inactive after 30 days. After 90 days, it will be assumed that they are not returning. All incomplete posts/threads will be archived. Their characters will be written out of all plots and stories.
We do not have a minimum word requirement plot posts. We do ask that you make substantial posts that move the story forward. They should allow for a good response from your writing partner(s).
Joint posts (aka JPs) can become very long, very quickly as each writer adds to them. Please break your JPs up into 1,000-1,500 word posts. This keeps each segment at a very readable length leaving us all wanting more!
We have no set limits for the number of characters each roleplayer may create and play. However, we do suggest that you get your first character approved and into play before creating more.
- Chronicles of Aereth offers their active members and roleplayers the option to advertise. However, advertising is not open to the general RPG public.
- Absolutely no advertising in Character Signatures!
- Active Roleplayers and Members may post discrete PG-13 ads in their signature.
- All images must be static, no gifs / animations allowed.
- No more than one 700px X 250px ad or 4 88X31 buttons.
- Active Roleplayers and Members may request to have their 88×31 buttons on the main index of the forum by PMing @Stormwolfe on the site and including the button’s code.
- As a general rule, a roleplayer’s or member’s buttons will not be removed from the site if they leave.
- Please limit advertising to RPGs that you are actively roleplaying in or that you are a member of their staff.
Return to the Game Site.